I am back at the me+ME related things:
1. Whittemores to appear in court
2. My mB12 protocol and potassium
1. Whittemores to appear in court
After dr. Mikovits had to appear in court, now it is the turn of Harvey and Annette Whittemore to have to appear in court, it seems, on charges against Harvey Whittemore mostly, for misappropriating funds from a company he led.
There is a thread on Phoenix Rising
Harvey Whittemore sued
that starts thus:
Lawsuit claims Harvey Whittemore embezzled millions of dollars from former business partners
The former business partners of Harvey Whittemore, a well-known Nevada lobbyist, land-developer, businessman and lawyer, filed a civil lawsuit Friday claiming he embezzled millions of dollars from the Wingfield company they ran together and misappropriated corporate funds and assets.
The suit, filed in Clark County District Court by lawyers for the Wingfield Nevada Group Holding Company, claims that Whittemore’s Wingfield partners, Thomas Seeno and Albert Seeno Jr., confronted Whittemore in 2010 about numerous discrepancies they found in the Wingfield financial books in 2010, and Whittemore “prepared himself a written confession” admitting the alleged crimes.
The suit also names Annette Whittemore, his wife, and The Lakeshore House Limited Partnership.
“Acting as a manger of Wingfield, Whittemore has admitted and confessed to engaging in over 20 different financial transactions designed to deplete Wingfield of its assets for the sole purposes of enhancing and promoting Whittemore’s financial condition and to further his standing in the political community of Nevada,” the suit said.
“These allegations are false,” the Whittemores said in an email. “We will take any and all steps necessary to preserve the reputation for integrity that we have built in this state for over 40 years.”
The thread also contains:
(Link to cfsmirror, wherefrom the following was quoted:)
'...Aside from the ‘for profit’ Redlabs/VIPdx company, the Document of Complaint against Whittemore and others, lists amongst numerous charges of alleged fraud, a number of incidences which directly involve the Whittemore Peterson Institute. These are:
- Diversion and donations of assets and equipment from a Wingfield called Wild West Sound Company Inc. (renamed – Western Electronics Inc.) to (amongst others) the WPI.
- Diversion of funds disguised as donations to WPI.
- Improper and abusive use of Wingfield personnel for WPI purposes.
- Harvey Whittemore caused aircraft leasing costs of over $2 million to accrue to Wingfield accounts in support of private use made by him and Annette Whittemore and others, including travel related to WPI activities which it is claimed alone amounts to $346,546 remains unreimbursed.
- Annette and Harvey Whittemore directed employees of Wingfield to work on WPI at Wingfield’s expense, it is specifically alleged that Annette Whittemore represented herself as having management authority at Wingfield.
- A 'PR' Agency retained by Wingfield was directed to do work for the WPI without any recompense being paid to Wingfield. It I claimed that Wingfield’s Director of Marketing Angelina Wyss-Gordon [Angelina Gordon] who at the same time was the WPI Director of Marketing and Events http://www.wpinstitute.org/about/about_execboard.html, instructed the Agency that all work carried for WPI should be charged to Wingfield.
- Harvey Whittemore permitted Annette Whittemore to charge compensation and other employee expenses of the WPI to Wingfield.
- Specifically Annette Whittemore caused 75% of Dr J.Mikovits’ salary ($185k) to be charged to Wingfield as was the $42,000 relocation expenses paid to Dr Mikovits.
- Currently unnumerated expenses of other WPI staff and consultants were paid for by Wingfield.
- A Wingfield owned company, the Redhawk Golf Course and Entertainment facility was used at the direction of Harvey and Annette Whittemore for fundraising events for the WPI for which fees were not paid, the costs are claimed to exceed $157,000.
- Harvey Whittemore solicited grants and donations from businesses dealing with Wingfield, which were of benefit to the WPI, but which were undeclared to the owners of Wingfield, to their detriment.
Should any of these claims be true then huge embarrassment would be attached to the WPI, and by association, the wider cause of M.E/CFS research...'
And here is Jon Cohen is on the topic in Science:
Lawsuit Alleges Misuse of Funds by Founders of Whittemore Peterson Institute
"It doesn't rain but it pours"....
I have skimmed the documents in the case and this last link is to 42 pages of US legalese prose in 2,3 Mb pdf, with lots of details and points, that I haven't read all.
It's a curious document, and some of the names are quite funny, and dr. Mikovits got paid - for 75% - through some Wild West Sound Corporation, or something like that, that in turn was swindled by Harvey Whittemore into doing so, apart from also tricking them into paying for the parties at the WPI - or that are some of the complaints against him in the document.
It sounds a bit like the Renaissance, but then translated into cowboy terms. Anyway, Harvey may be a swindler, and the WPI may be based on his swindles, but I still believe his daughter is ill, and that this was his main motive for engaging on the WPI. Then again, there so far are only the - indeed quite detailed, specific, 42 pages long - legalistic charges against the Whittemores by a law firm of which the name ends Dickensian: "Sharp & Low, Esquires".
I don't know what is the truth, and am far away from Nevada, and don't want to pay much attention to this case, though it would be interesting and bitter if both the WPI and Mikovits were in it for the money, mostly, which well may have been the case, and which then means that they both were the opposite of what they publicly advertised themselves to be, and what they were accepted as being by many patients.
It has happened before, at the very least, to others.
And it may be also true that quite a few of the well-known players on the ME-field are of questionable morality. Dr. Mikovits is, because it seems she did steal the lab books, and she did use patients for her own interests, regardless of the eventuality that she cooked her data to get them published in Science; Dr. Wessely etc. are and so are their psychiatric kind involved with ME; Vermeulen is; Klimas videos and prices don't smell right to me, and then I didn't think further, apart from trolls on forums. (There are many more of questionable morality: I didn't even start thinking about GB. And I can be rather specific about what I mean by "of questionable morality": Acted in their own financial or personal interest rather than in the patients' best interests, for which they claim to act.)
Anyway... it's also quite true that when it is about health, it is about money, except for the ill, whose health it is, and who also generate most of the money.
More later, I doubt not, but as I said, I don't want to pay much attention to this case: It only touches incidentally on matters that touch on me+ME.
2. My mB12 protocol and potassium
The present topic is much related to me+ME, and I have written about it before in Nederlog, last on December 15
in which I said, among other things, that
My overall problem is too little relevant knowledge; no good data about my own condition; and being dependent on just the feedback of my own body, which means guessing mostly, though it is rather probable that the original protocol did lead for me to problems with sleeping, and also rather probable that I did not use enough potassium.
I'll keep experimenting the following month or two, I assume. If I find out anything that is useful, I will write about it here, but it's best to keep in mind this is personal and experimental anyway.
The brief news is that it seems quite probable to me that in my case, as in others, but it's very nice to be able to test and verify theories experimentally, at least for my own specific case, that potassium is an important factor and that I do need rather more of it than I took, but that it also is not easy to get the proportions right.
In case my readers are interested, here are two relevant threads on Phoenix Rising, where there are also more threads related to B12:
- B 12 - The hidden story
- Active B12 Protocol Basics
Indeed, I could say more, but it also seems to me that (1) there is a lot of information on the protocol (and the related one of dr. Rich Van Konynenburg) and (2) if you are interested you must find out what works for yourself.
More later, no doubt, because it does seem to help me, and I will record what seems relevant, without going into deep details that anyway are probably not relevant for others.