Jan 28, 2012
Crisis: George Soros warns
The last two Nederlogs were on voting, mainly because I think many of the ills of the Western world - Europe, the US, Canada - are due to way democratic voting has been organized there.
There is a plan, indeed with the - basic - mathematics spelled out in the latter, but it is mostly to make you think on the values of education and rational decision making, and not presented as the system of my choice.
It's important, because democracies helped to bring horrible dictators, such as Mussolini and Hitler, to power, and the rise of another dictator or two, also in the US or Western Europe, is presently a real possibility.
Or some think. Here are The Young Turks, who think so, and who explain why the billionaire and investment-genius George Soros thinks so:
Quotes from George Soros in it:
More from George Soros:
Well, yes... but the main problem is that the political and bureaucratic leaders (both from the same political elite in modern "parliamentary democracies) are incompetent, so what's actually involved is - at least - a three factor model of mutually enforcing tendencies:
It usually starts at the bottom, with political and bureaucratic incompetents. What happens if it really gets bad? Some Mussolini or Hitler happens, especially if the democratic majority may vote on it, as was the case in Italy and Germany.
Indeed, here's more from George Soros on what economic decline or political deterioration may enable the political and bureaucratic incompetents to do, will-nilly or from choice:
This is what has been happening in Europe and the US, since 9/11/2001, and the basic reason is again in the diagram at the bottom.
Anyway... more later, as I will update the Crisis series for the new year, in its 100th element of the series.
As to ME/CFS (that I prefer to call ME):
Short descriptions of the above:
1. Ten reasons why ME/CFS is a real disease by a professor of medicine of Harvard.
2. Long essay by a professor emeritus of medical chemistry about maltreatment of ME.
3. Explanation of what's happening around ME by an investigative journalist.
4. Report to Canadian Government on ME, by many medical experts.
5. Advice to psychiatrist by a psychiatrist who understands ME is an organic disease
6. English mathematical genius on one's responsibilities in the matter of one's beliefs:
7. A space- and computer-scientist takes a look at psychology.
See also: ME -Documentation and ME - Resources
The last has many files, all on my site to keep them accessible.
|home - index - summaries - top - mail|